View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 02:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default neurostimular BAD results

Hi,
My husband had this put in last year, with in a month he was running high fevers, he would lay down and it looked like someone had dumped a five gallon bucket of water on him. ( we had to change sheets and dry his pillow everyday) He ended up in the hospital and they told me he had infection somewhere and it could go to his heart and kill him.. I was terrified. We told his dr we wanted the stimulator out that his body was rejecting it.. He told me that was a matter of opinion He asked my husband if he wanted him to try and rearrange the leads..(boy did I hehe) anyway.. we told him no to take them OUT ... well guess what.. a year later hubby had to have a ct scan done.. he is still running low fevers all the time..we got our results back
and the dr took the stimulator out but left the lead wires in.. I called medtronic for a allergy test kit both the box and leads are made of the same stuff.. we are going to another doc this week to do the allergy test..hubby has not been right since they put that box in.. I hope no one else ever has this problem..and yes they did do the temp one and I saw puss coming out of one of the leads.. told them and they told me that was just crust it wasnt puss.. ( I have four grown kids and dont have a clue what puss is imagine that).. whew I feel better, thanks for listening
angelray is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote