Thread: Valium effects?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 07:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah1234 View Post
My doctor was giving me remeron to fall asleep, but my dentist gave me valium for my jaw to take at night because i clench and grind so badly that i crack all of my nightguards that protect my teeth, and next thing I know I am going to crack a tooth if I dont get it under control. I have noticed that the valium makes me fall asleep YAY so i am able to discontinue the remeron which I had BAD BAD side effects from... does anybody take valium for sleep or anything? do you have side effects? I notice a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference in my jaw, before every morning in order to open my jaw id have to force it open with my hands and it would crack a few times and then crack every hour a few times and now its not cracking and opening normally... so im having great results. But just wondering about any side effects.... And I ONLY take 5mg at night for my jaw and so i fall asleep which is a bonus!!!
I used to have a horrible time sleeping so definitely can relate. For the past two or three months I've been sleeping like a baby. I always take Melatonin, 5-HTP (both are over the counter) and recently my Doctor added Trazodone, 50 mg at bedtime. That, along with my .5 mg of Klonopin knocks me right out and usually keeps me soundly asleep for the night. Trazodone is classified as an antidepressant so also helps with pain and is not addictive. It was Dr. Shwartzman I think who added it to my meds months ago and it reLly has helped tremendously with no side effects.

Valium can help at times but honestly 5 mg doesn't help as much, can leave me more drowsy the next day and can be addictive. That said, I always have Valium on hand for bad nerve pain and do use it for that when needed.
Reddawn600 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hannah1234 (07-20-2011)