View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 07:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Deb,

I just wanted to pop in and say that I am having muscle spasms as well. Or, so I think. I just recently had another cervical MRI done and I do NOT see anything wrong based on the report. Actually, it reads much better than any of my previous reports. However, my Neurosurgeon is going to look at this tomorrow. The only thing helping at the moment is a smidge of Valium. I take Klonopin but my Neurologist told me I could add Valium on occasion. So, since that is two benzos, I am very careful. I am on an extremely low dose of Klonopin, so just 1/4 of a tablet of Valium, when I need it, kicks those spasms out.

I have yet to find out what is really causing this but my spinal pain management doctor, my Neurologist and my Neurosurgeon all seem to think that it is spasms coming from OUTSIDE of the spine. In other words, the muscles are clamping down on nerves. But I have yet to get it really figured out. Also, know that my EMG's are always normal. And evidently the signals from the spinal cord are fine. My PM mentioned that I may have irritated a nerve root and my NS said that I may need some physical therapy.

Know too, that for me, sometimes various meds would cause my ears to ring. The majority of those being the anti-convulstants to treat neuropathic pain. I have noticed it too with anti-inflammatories like Celebrex, Vioxx, etc.

I will post back tomorrow to let you know what the NS said.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote