Thread: Valium effects?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Finest Natural magnesium is all magnesium oxide. This is not absorbed in the blood stream and remains in the bowel, and acts like a laxative.
That 250mg is giving you about 4mgs in reality to reach your muscles and bones.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/fin...847891-product
Quote:
ingredients:Magnesium Oxide , Calcium Carbonate , Microcrystalline Cellulose , Croscarmellose Sodium , Stearic Acid , Citric Acid , Magnesium Stearate , Talc , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
note: magnesium stearate also is not absorbed, and is only in the product as a "flow" enhancer to allow the powder to get thru the tablet compressing machine. It is present in many tablet formulations of OTC products and vitamins.

Here is my magnesium thread that explains it all:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1138.html

You may find the magnesium lotion many of us are using now to be a much better alternative:
CVS Epsom Lotion

Most doctors don't know anything about the different forms of magnesium. Historically in the past magnesium oxide was the only one out there. Today we know it is not effective, and it is basically only used as a laxative (Phillips Tablets).

The link I gave explains it all, and has links to the studies done on people who took various forms of oral magnesium. You might give those studies to your doctor so he can better recommend to his other patients.

It is possible to take too much magnesium, but only for patients with compromised renal functions. Anyone taking magnesium oxide in excess would have diarrhea and not likely poisoning.
Most of the few magnesium poisonings occur from enemas, in the elderly and infants (given enemas).

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijjennings View Post
I have been taking Valium for over a year now for muscles spasms associated with my RSD. I have just recently had to increase my dosage, but only because my RSD spread after having a SCS implanted, and all the complications that arouse. I haven't noticed any adverse side effect from the Valium. The few times I have gone off all my meds to fee the "true pain", and give my body a break, Valium was always the easiest for me to stop taking.
I also take Magnesium daily. Finest Natural 250mg x 2 daily. My surgeon said you can't take too much magnesium esp. for RSD patients, and esp. after any sort of procedure.
I wish you the best of luck. For me if its working, don't mess with it

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote