View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 07:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateLynne View Post
My Doc states, when I say that it cannot be psychological because it started (duh) when I had an injury- "Well, many people have it and plenty didn't have an injury that started it", telling me that stress that people cannot handle is why they get RSD (they never truly learned to deal with stress properly) AND you know what else? He says that CERTAIN PERSONALITY TRAITS DISPOSE YOU TO DEVELOPING RSD! (Very responsible and high achieving people get it). How many Docs these days actually believe that?
Just a little note here - For the Doc who thinks this is all in your head....I have a friend who is being told this same exact thing from an IME, the IME states that this friend has Munchausen....So I know EXACTLY what your going through right now and the frustrations. This IME was bought & paid for by the oppositions insurance company and this "diagnosis" (which btw he is unqualified to actually diagnose) was nothing but a sham!

My point is this...My friend had a MMPI aka psych test just a few short years before the RSD, she had to have the test before having a sugery. The Psych Doc then stated that she was a sound, stable individual and a good canidate for surgery and should have successful results as she had a good, positive personality and attitude.

SOOOOOOOOOO - Mr Joker Dr with the "it's all in your head attitude" and it's a "Predisposed personality trait" - Go Powder Your Fanny!!!

Do they do this with people who have arthritis!!!?? NO, because they can "see" it on a scan - Unfortunately it's impossible at this point to for sure 100% see RSD - Thus...the disbelievers....

How does your Dr explain such things as temperature changes, skin lesions, muscle spasms, things like that, that are symptoms/signs of RSD?

It really p*sses me off when Doctors do this to their patients. All it does is cause them further undue stress AND stress can make the RSD worse. Something someone with RSD does not need!! Again...best advice - find a real Dr and not this quack who obviously does not have the education or knowledge behind him.

HubbyWithRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote