View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Yeah, Alan is doing fine but I'M NOT!!!!

Let me tell you what happened to me at 2 a.m. Ever get a spasm in your toes, where they start jerking up and you look down at your foot and you think "what the hell is this???" Well, I'm sleeping, I wake up and my left foot is doing this. Some of toes are starting to point upward. Very very uncomfortable. So I say to myself "okay, you've been stressed lately, you are spasming again, just stretch your foot and it will work itself out." I haven't had this in YEARS, but people always get a spasm or two in their lifetime so I thought no big deal. I began having spams over 30 years ago, somtimes in the upper muscle of my chest. Once in a while I would get the toe thing. But this happened maybe 3 times over the years. The chest spasms happened when I was in my late 20's. I knew when one would hit and bam, then it would stop. The doctor told me "muscle spasms". And if anybody read my response to luin and his bladder thread, you know what I went through for 4 years with bladder spasms. Haven't had any of them for 10 years.

Well, when I went to stretch my left leg, the spasm shot upward and the pain in my leg, well let's just say, it wasnt' good. I stopped moving and tried to quiet myself (all the while thinking, oh my god, now I have distonia).

So I take my right foot and press down on the toes of the left foot hoping it will relax whatever was going on. I then swung over and put my feet on the floor. Couldn't walk for a minute, The spasm had to abate. It did. I then took a hot pack that I microwave and I then took the hot pack, wrapped it on my left foot, laid in bed, (oh, I took a half of alprazom, figuring it would "relax me") and sure enought in two minutes I was fine and out like a light.

Can this be to stress or nerves??? I'll be asking Dr. Fred soon but I just want to know. I'm going to google spasms. Thank goodness for that.

Anybody know anything about spasms??. I do have PN in the tips of my toes but have never heard of PN giving spasms.

thanks
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote