View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 04:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Deb- thank you for contributing so much to this post. I know no one on this forum can make the decision for me, I am just looking for direction from some, such as you because you feel I would benefit.

I am sorry to hear of your disabilities it sucks to hear this happening, yet I hope you can get the reboot..I would imagine it would help, unless it has gone to far and destroyed your muscle receptors as it sounds like you are extremely weak.

As for the antibody positive, I was having thoughts of giving up on the trial because I am antibody -, but I have been persistant with the doctors there and they said they would amend the protocol if I had a certain amount of EMG's performed (which I have all came back positive (6 of them).

As of right now I qualify and I am very excited to start the process. I have decided to do it. They are awaiting my medical records which should be at the office by next weekend, and after they read them and look at my intake form they plan on setting up appointments for the consultation!

I hope to get the point where MG is almost non existant in my life, and I believe with this procedure it will happen. Being 19, and otherwise healthy I think the odds are in my favor and hopefully I can get this started soon.

Also, being dependent on IVIG helps with the admission process.

Hope your doing alrite
tysondouglass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote