View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 09:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default drugs aren't working anymore!

Hi

I've been on 3 x sinemet plus since November last year. I've had PD for at least 9 years but it was misdiagnosed as MS until a year and a half ago. I avoided meds for as long as possible. The sinemet worked well for a few months, then started to wear off so I took half an azilect for a couple of months. It increased the on time really well but made me nauseous in the morning. After a few weeks I started to feel really hungover every morning and the fatigue that the sinemet had eradicated came back slowly. Also I think the azilect was aking me depresesd but it might just have been life! So I stopped the azilect and for a week the hungover feeling went, but the fatigue and general feeling of malaise crept back. Now I've been off the azilect for a month or more and am feeling totally exhausted, foggy brained and overwhelmed all the time (and still depressed - but this might be the fatigue causing it). The sinemet is helping my motor control still but not as well. I know if I talk to my neuro about this he will just give me more drugs (he suggested I try stalevo). Is this just what happens at the end of the sinemet honeymoon? I am NEVER taking agonists, so is my only option to take more sinemet? I have some zandopa which I could try but am not sure if I take it with the sinemet and how much. I have been through loads of stress recently which is obviously a big factor. So apart from improved motor control (I couldn't walk before the sinemet , now I can) I feel as dreadful as before the sinemet.

Help!

Trixiedee
trixiedee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote