View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 10:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It happens......

...... to most of us, that certain days or even weeks can go by without the medication working very well. This is why it's so important to have a neuro that will let YOU do the talking and tell him/her what you think you'd lke to try. You might try adding Amantadine 200mg/day, and stop eating meat. Bring your dose of Sinemet up or down and see what happens; i started at 3, 100/25's a day, now it takes up to 10 100/25's and 2 or 3 200/50's controlled release and sometimes that gets my blood pressure so low i can't stand up, but 15mg of Amphetamine takes care of that. Always remember, this is a progressive condition, a"moving target", so expect to try other types of medication. if you shake like a leaf in the breeze, you might find the addition of a benzodiazepine to help with that. iF you get too nauseous from the meds , Ondansetron can take care of that. Pain, worry and depression can knock you right out of your med tree, so a PWP has to try to let go of many things that they used to like to do, but you must realize that you just can't do them anymore. There are no "magic bullets:" for PD. Wait for our cell transplants, they are coming, when, i don't know, but have faith and hope that thiis disease can be cured. Another idea. You might need more Carbidopa, as everyone's peripheral decarboxylative enzymes work more efficiently than others, so you aren't getting enough dopa intro the brain. Ask your neuro to augment your meds with Lodosyn. Have you been through agonist alley? It can be hell, but some people find that agonists work better than sinemet does.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
trixiedee (07-23-2011)