View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 10:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you Towelhorse

Dear Towelhorse,

I haveto say when I read your response and your symptoms, I got teary-eyed because that's exactly my symptoms.
1) worsening of the symptoms when elevating the arm
2) I'm a secretary --------- Some of the occupations that we see causing TOS include, working on assembly lines, keyboards, or 10-key pads, as well as filing or stocking shelves overhead
3) pain in the neck, shoulder, and arm; headaches in the back of the head; weakness of the arm and dropping things from the hand
4) The symptoms are often worse at night or when using the arm for work or other activities

1) the headache
2) the changed sensations in their hands and arms
3) the heavy arm feeling
4) why sleeping is so difficult most times
5) why they feel so tired most of the time
6) why their neck aches
7) why there are knots in the muscles in their upper back
8) why sitting with your arms out in front of your body for extended periods causes your condition to deteorate eg sitting at the computer
9) why bending down to the ground to pick things up is awkward.
10) why one day they might feel better or worse than another day
11) does anyone find that if they are sitting on a dining chair that they tend to lean back and move their feet foward rather than sitting upright.
I've never found someone who could pinpoint exactly what my symptoms are. I've also been told that I probably have RSD... I had rib resection surgery 2.5 years ago, am not better and probably developed RSD because of the surgery... I am so glad that you found a physical therapist who is able to help you.

Thank you so much for your contribution to this board. Everyone's experience and symptoms are different. But, it's nice for me to have someone else who can pinpoint and understand what some of us may be going through.

dealingwithtos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote