Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
Waves

One thing,

I see a very dynamic, savy Women. So don't let this all get you down.

By the way can you get a hold of melantonin. It helps with sleep in
the states.

Donna
thanks Donna that's a lovely compliment.

i've tried melatonin in the past... 6 mg the max recommended dose. it was somewhat helpful in making me tired if i wasn't. i may be tired but i'm already revved. that's the problem. i need some anti-speed. i mean i have things like chamomile and all kinds of herbs too. but the stuff i am out of for a while, well, depending on dose, it is almost a match for Zyprexa insofar as inducing sleep.

i'll keep the thought under my belt though. maybe when the gabapentin poops out i can add the melatonin for a while. but i don't think that will chill me out during the day like all the other stuff does.

regarding melatonin - i realize it is used that way, but one isn't supposed to take it long-term unless one has a problem producing it (eg elderly population). it's primary indication is for jet-lag, but clearly it has a role in replacement therapy.

headphones are allowed but not always feasible at work as there is much need for spoken communication.

i frankly would often prefer earplugs/muted sounds. but i reserve that for when i have phonophobia w/or w/out migraine... then ppl will learn this is a sign i am unwell (migraine). it will help if not having to explain all the time, which takes effort and can worsen sx as you probably know.

(((hugs)))

~ waves ~

Last edited by waves; 07-23-2011 at 01:43 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-25-2011), BlueCarGal (07-23-2011), Dmom3005 (07-23-2011), OhKay (07-25-2011)