View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 11:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mommyjen--Also, i would like to add: There are MANY people on this Forum who have had RSD for a long time; for others, they have just gotten diagnosed with it, or have had in for a year or two.

ACCEPTING and ADAPTING to ANY serious injury or disease, such as RSD takes TIME, and every individual handles it in a DIFFERENT way. Just because something is "different" does not mean that it is WRONG.

In addition, although I am relatively new to this site, there are ALSO numerous discussions of HOBBIES or other INTERESTS that people here on this forum have been engaging in, or EXPLORING. We are SHARING with each other OTHER POSITIVE activites that we have found that we are ABLE to engage in, in SPITE of the RSD, and hope that the information may be of use to others.

Unfortunately, some of the individuals on this Forum have PERMANENT impairments, either from actual damage to their ulnar nerves, sciatic, nerves,thoracic complex, etc., in ADDITION to their RSD. Even IF the RSD was CURED, they would STILL be left with a disability UNRELATED to the RSD.

Nine years is a LONG time to adapt, and it is wonderful that you have a found a way to do so for YOU, given the severity of your condition.

For others, they are just beginning to find ways that works for THEM, and their UNIQUE circumstances.

There is no "right" or "wrong", just DIFFERENT.

Brokenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote