View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Online schooling was mentioned to me because of my health issues. Apparently I would have had a log in address to a paticular website, a tutor would give me all of the work to do then I would email it him/her for marking. It did sound good but that was only because I was ill and wheelchair bound so couldn't physically get around my school as it wasn't adapted for wheelchair use.

My school would have had to have paid for it and they refused so I was given home tutoring in my last 6 months of school (high school only runs up to 16 here in the UK). The home tutoring really helped, I come on lots academically and hopefully my exam results in August will show that. I was way behind many people my age due to missing 2 years of school, so the home tuition definitiely helped me in that sense.

I don't understand why anyone with a 'normal' kid would send their child to online programs such as these. I think their a good idea for kids who have health / mental issues so can't possibly go to school but I don't think their good if they are physically well. I know for me the huge problem with missing school was that I didn't see friends and got really isolated ... that is what will happen to these kids and it's an horrible thing!
dmplaura (07-24-2011)