View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 11:03 AM
TonyaV

TonyaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishaPDX View Post
Recently told by our neurologist that compounding pharmacies can whip up a customized Sinemet without the allergen triggers for those who are sensitive. No lead yet on where to go, but do inquire. Maybe Skip's Pharmacy in Florida? Worth a search!

FYI, two year's ago my friend Jan had to stop taking Sinemet because of an allergic reaction plus it stopped working for her. That's when she switched over to taking Mucuna Pruriens and amino acids, instead. Very difficult switch-over but it was far better for her. Many of her Parkinson's symptoms dissipated. Now, though, she's having a rough time finding the right balance. We think her problem may be mainly vascular, thus no drug will work the magic. We're exploring CCSVI, chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency.

All best,
Trisha

Good luck,
Trisha
Thanks for responding, Trisha. I'm surprised they would customize their drugs for anyone, but they should, considering how much money is poured out to them.
I have called a few major Pharmaceutical companies and was told the brand name Sinemet is out of production right now. And the pharmacies cannot get the generic made by Mylan. Interestingly enough, Merck and Mylan WERE co-contributors in the production of Sinemet, and Mylan produced the generic carb/levo, which I had no problems with. Only problem is no one that I know of can get the generic manufactured by Mylan.
If anyone else has had a reaction or allergies after taking carb/levo, please consider responding to this thread and telling us how you handle it and/or what you take in place of carb/levo and who the manufacturer of the generic is.
I continue to take it and live, apprehensively, with the side effects. I take a Clariton once a day and it does help for about 4 hours.
The CCSVI sounds interesting considering I have neuropathy in my hands and arms, and my feet and legs swell at night and in the morning. Could be a correlation.
Thanks again,
Tonya
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote