View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 11:06 AM
BlueCarGal

BlueCarGal

Frown Not a surprise, still so sad.

I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't intrude here, I don't belong in this community, but I saw the subject & no one else seems to be talking about it.

I saw the news come up on a feed some 10 minutes after someone found her body, and I thought, "How sad." Just that: how very very sad.

She was mostly a blues & jazz singer & wrote much of her own material. I thought there was a lot of talent there. More & more, of course, the talent & everything else was blurred by alcohol & drugs.

I think so many artistic types are plagued by a lack of self-worth. When they do "make it" in the real world of their art, they end up in a business world they don't comprehend, end up all too often being used by people who have no regard for them as people, & a dead body is sometimes where it all ends. No more lights-show-music.

And it's more than sad, really. The world lost a young woman who had more fears than insight, who was clearly too unstable for such an unstable career path, & who has now died a death that * everyone * apparently--including me & most of you--fully expertly her to die.

In any context but show biz, that might be called suicide. At least that's what I call it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (07-24-2011), dmplaura (07-25-2011), Jodylee (07-25-2011), Jules A (07-26-2011), Kitty (07-24-2011)