Thread: Social Security
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Im so glad folks are talking about this without name calling or bashing one side or the other! Thanks!

I agree that to be the one that pulls the plug on this program, even if for only one month would be suicide professionally. When we contribute money to do crazy things in other countries, and then turn and cut off our poor, our sick and our veterans. Yep, suicide.

I think the checks will come, and I think we wont get a deal in time for the debt ceiling to be raised. I pray that isnt the case because its going to mean massive chaos for us. The stock markets will slide, the housing prices which are already at rock bottom will slide, gas prices will spike, and it will take a great deal of doing to refoot ourselves.

Does anyone else agree that if you dont have the money to pay your own bills that its silly to give money out to pay other peoples bills? I balance MY budget first, then I am generous with my neighbors, but if my budget is out of whack, everyone else must sit still till we figure it out. Even if that means I personally do without my play money, my extras, and my brand name products.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
TwoKidsTwoCats (07-25-2011), Vonn07 (07-25-2011)