Thread: Social Security
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I'm being hopeful that we will receive our checks. I am on SSI though and that's a different type of SS. So, I don't know if that will make a difference.

I agree that I don't think any politician wants the fact that they voted to starve out the elderly and the sick. I also think they are smart enough to know that should the SS checks not go out, Medicare will fail as many of us will not be able to pay our premium and thus, we won't get health care. In addition, it will have a huge snowball effect. Many of us will not be able to pay rent and unfortunately will end up homeless, we will not be able to buy groceries, we will not be able to pay utilities, etc., etc. This in turn effects all those that we pay our bills to.

And it's not just those of us receiving SS that will not get paid, or so they say. It irritates me to think that our military who has served to help protect this country will now be penalized. I just can't fathom that, especially those that became disabled due to fighting in war. I just have a hard time believing that our politicians would do something like that.

I just think that this is just some sort of game and we (all those that they say are not getting paid) are the pawns. Very sad.

And, yes, Dej, I agree. If you don't have the money you look at all ways to cut costs. While the most vulnerable will be effected, the ancillary staff of our politicians will be flying around the country, staying at different hotels, eating expensive meals, etc. with the tax money we put in to it. How much could they save by cutting their expense accounts?
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (07-25-2011), SallyC (07-25-2011), TwoKidsTwoCats (07-25-2011), Vonn07 (07-25-2011)