Thread: Introductions
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 05:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default my story

Hello, I am very happy that I found this site.

I have come to terms with my story alone. My parents told me once that if they ever thought I would attempt anything they would "throw me in the mental ward". So I just never told them. When I was 14 I was...a teenager for lack of a better word and like most girls that age I fell madly in lust with a boy. This boy had cancer and had had it for a very long time. He told me he loved me and all that and then he started controling me. I failed classes (I was previously a straight A student) because he wouldn't let me go to them. He would hit me if I didn't listen. It was terrible. I told the principal multiple times he was hitting me and actually got the excuse "he has cancer what harm could he do" once.

Sophomore year he passed away and for some reason I cried. I had this feeling of being lost. He had told me every move to make, what was I supposed to do now? I don't know how it got to that point but I attempted suicide a few weeks after his death...I failed...thank God.

Today, I am going into my senior year of college. like I said I have come to terms with my story and have decided to go into Social Work in hopes of helping others through tragedies alike or differing from my own. I live in my little apartment with my boyfriend of 3 years. The only person I ever let get within a mile of me since that year. He knows all about it and he is wonderful. My life is wonderful and I am so glad I didnt accomplish taking my life those years ago.
jdss151 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (07-26-2011), Alffe (07-25-2011)