View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi concernedmom,

Welcome to the forum! I will let you know that tics cam affect the nervous system in different ways and in some cases lead to seizures. The twitching in your daughters face is a type of motor seizure when the nerves are out of control do to to much electrical activity in the brain. This often happens to me before I have a complex partial seizure. Try putting your daughter on vitamin B12 once a day keep her away from anything with nutra sweet in it and start keeping track of her seizures. Keep a calendar of her seizures writing down the time the seizures happen along with a discription by doing this the neuro will be able to see a possible pattern in her seizures.
Mass. General Hospital is a good hospital for you daughter to go to she should see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) at there Epilepsy Center. If you don't want to go there find a University Hospital that has an Epilepsy Center with an Epileptologist they will help you more than a neurologist. Request that a DNA test be done on your daughter because that test will show what AED's (anti epilepsy drug) will work the best for her with the least side effect. If you daughter is having seizures when she goes to bed or when she first gets up in the morning she may be having myoclonic seizures because these seizures happen only at this time of the day or night. Hormones changing cause some people to have seizures and nothing can be done. Each month when some women go through their monthly cycle this will cause seizures because the estrogen level is high and the progesterone level is low. Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that trigger seizures for a person so be sure your daughter gets plenty of rest. It's also been proven the certain color lights can trigger seizures as well as cell phones. I wish you and your daughter the best of luck and May God Bless You both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote