View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 08:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default yes, me too. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunz50 View Post
Ever since I had my 3 level ACDF (C4-C7) in Feb/09 I continue to have the (radiculopathy?)tingling and numbness in both arms. This get worse at nite where both arms fall asleep and throb(like a tooth ache)and I cannot fall into a deep sleep, I constantly toss and turn carefully as not to disturb my husband, I basically just lay there with my eyes closed aware of my surroundings and every little noise. Anyone else with this issue? I am assuming it is either my TOS or permanent nerve damage as this symptom has never went away(since 2007). Thanks in advance!
Bunz
Hi Bunz, haven't seen you post anything in a while, I was wondering how you were doing just the other day.

I don't sleep well either due to nerve pain down both my arms, same as you. Just recently I started with it going down my left arm, before surgery it was only my right, and now the pain is a lot different (I'm post of ACDF C5-7 March 2nd, 2011) the pain now is more numbing and burning and keeps me from getting comfortable, and sometimes its so much I have to get up and walk it off. I do take sleeping pills to help me with it without them I would not sleep.

I saw my family Dr. today talking about just this. He has just prescibed me Cymbalta to try, today is only day 1, so only time will tell if this will offer some relief from the nerve pain. I hope it will help with the depression I've been struggling with since surgery also. I am desperate to get better, but I'm not as of yet. He's also ordered another CT scan to check out why the nerve pain is still travelling down my arms, but you and I both know they probably won't find much, they can't see pain on a CT scan, only mechanical problems.

If the Cymbalta works for me I will send you a message. Pain is horrible enough, but throw in not sleeping and it just makes one miserable!

I wish you a restful night tonight.
Take care,
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote