View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
There should be a on/off button along the front, side or bottom edge.
If nothing else just unplug it from the wall or power bar until the daughter comes back home.
If no one is going to use it til she gets back, might as well turn it all the way off.

I'm not sure if it is a flat screen LCD or the older CRT monitor, but they all usually have an actual on/off button somewhere.
Hi. All the buttoms are on the bottom front of the monitor. It's a new flat screen monitor. The orange (or amber) is constant and not flashing.

Is it safe to just leave it alone or do I have to go and unplug the monitor? I mean, I can do this if I have to but I don't want to confuse them anymore than they are. The people in the house now know NOTHING about computers or technology.

I know better than to push the power button on a computer to turn it off. You go to start, then you select shut off computer.

She didn't do this. She just pressed the power button. I think that is why the monitor is on orange.

I pressed all the buttons. And when I pressed the button right on top of the orange light, the orange light went off for two seconds then came right back on.

?????

thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote