View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 11:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused tooth extraction dilemma ....

Hi this started about a month ago. I had a toothache went to the dentist ended up having four fillings. Two to start then the tooth behind started aching so did two more.
This is on the lower right jaw. The second tooth from the back would not freeze to have the filling done so they kept shooting it with freezing sorry I don't know the true name but it is like a bullet the dentist puts the freezing directly into the tooth. It took a few shots to get the filling done this type of freezing does not last long and so needs to be repeated often.
I had the filling about a wk and it would not stop hurting ear jaw everything hurt back I went and booked a root canal for the next day. Problem is the tooth would not freeze. This was a different dentist at the same office this one said she was doing the bullet method but it did not feel the same to me as there was no pop or jolt like there had been previously. She must have given me 10 or 12 shots it just would not freeze she may as well have been giving me shots of water. Some places were freezing minimally none of these places were where we wanted the freezing to be. Left side of my temple for instance back of my head felt weird but the tooth did not freeze. She tried to drill it several times I could not stand it and even her putting the filling back killed me. She sent me to a surgeon who removed the tooth under sedation. That went great it was five days ago. I was given pain killers which are almost gone but the pain is not gone and the gum on the inside of my mouth had a white spot on it since the tooth was taken out it is getting bigger. I called the surgeon only to learn he is on holidays for a wk they will not give me any more pain meds and there is nobody to look at my tooth. They suggested I go back to my dentist if it did not settle in a couple of days and to rinse it with salt water in the syringe starting yesterday tho it was a day earlier than the paper instructions stated. I started the syringing but went to the dentist anyway the same day. He says the white bit which is getting bigger with my syringing is bone??? he was very busy and did not elaborate on this in any way. I do get the impression he is tired of seeing me. Problem is the white bit is getting bigger and bigger I will be out of pain pills today. I am thinking if this keeps going like it is I am going to have a dry socket which I hear if painful but doubt it could get much more painful than it has been.
So what is the next step go to the hospital emergency is all I can think of doing.
If there is anyone out there with any insight into this issue please add your thoughts.
ps I had an accident 20+ years ago where I had multiple fractures of my jaw some simple some compounded this all healed well enough. Freezing for years with a different dentist was never an issue. Not sure if this has anything to do with this new problem or not just adding for long shot sake.
btdt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote