View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 06:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Severe burning in face, hands and feet

Hi all, I've not been in this group since (I'm ashamed to say) 2007. After being dx'd with Essential Tremor - I joined another group outsite NeuroTalk - fast forward till now; I have b-12 deficiency and began getting treated with supplemental b-12 (injections) back in 2007...unfortunately, there was already nerve damage in my face, hands, tips of fingers, lower legs/feet. PN was diagnosed shortly thereafter and I've managed it with over the counter pain meds...until recently. The burning in face, tops of my hands, tops of my feet, my shins and forearms has become unbearable; to the point of reducing me to put icepacks on my skin. Afraid of causing more damage, I went to a neuro who prescribed Neurotin 600mg 3x a day a month ago - no change. This week, the doctor gave me Lyrica 50mg 3x a day. I'm only a couple days into taking the drug, and I've gotten no relief..

Can anyone give some insight what else I might can do to reduce the burning in my skin? Don't EVEN mention going outside in the heat we've been having in Atlanta...I can't stand to go outside as the burning triples in the heat.

Thanks,...Jon
Jon1260 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote