View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 07:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
I had my double crush at the elbow back in November. I innocently tried to skip a rock on the ocean and it triggered severe pain. A 10 on a scale o 1 to 10.

I remember ice and anti inflamatories doing nothing. I ceased all physical activity for a month and a half and tried to keep my right arm straight as much as possible. I also tried to sleep with my arm straight out.

It wasn't until I had a steroid shot in the elbow that things calmed down. Things got more manageable after I saw a manual orthopedic therapist who stretched out my neck and pec minor. Still, the pain was around a 5. Then I started doing the rigorous scalene stretching and things magically started getting better. Once the compression got relieved there, it must have allowed the 2nd crush to loosen up at the elbow. I'd say it then took 2-3 months for the nerve to "re-sensitize" and get used to its new environment. Now I get very minor issues with it.

I'd lay off using that arm in the gym. Keep stretching. Make sure it's not golfer's/tennis elbow.

KY
Is there a difference between a Physcial therapist and orthopedic Therapist?

Also tennis elbow and golfers elbow? What is that?

I think my main problem is working in a office, On my days off symptoms are sooo much less.
hellothere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote