Thread: Puppy Help!
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

He is a little cutie! And yes, I forewarned DD21 that those breeds are high energy and need to be busy all he time. They are herders and it is evident even at his young age. When we (DD21, DD19, and myself) took him on walks, he kept trying to keep us all together. If someone fell behind, he would look around for them and wait for them to catch up. It was cute. He does hate his leash but DD21 is working with him on that. He also hates to go outside. He'll get used to it.

It's a good thing that DD21 is a high energy person and always going somewhere and doing something. She does hate to put him in his crate but knows what will happen if she doesn't. Not only in regards to house training but he will chew everything up. Chew toys are a must for not only him but most puppies. They crate him at night and when they are gone. As soon as they are up and/or get home, they take him outside right away. But, again, he is pretty stubborn about going outside. He and I had a standoff today. He stayed by the front door looking at me and I stood a little further away looking at him. I could not coax him to come to me or to walk so we just stood there looking at each other. I finally gave in when he started getting antsy and freaking out a little when a loud truck went by.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote