View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 08:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Nothing about us, without us

NOTHING ABOUT US, WITHOUT US

This article reminded me about that statement. It is not a slogan, it is not a request, it is instructions, a direct order, a statement of position, saying precisely the way it has to be.
The recent example of the "global sinemet shortage" where a pill that has been used for 50 years suddenly falls out of production, and we are not permitted the slightest shred of information, even though the drug exists only because of our disease.
And the towering example, the AMGEN GDNF fiasco, where everything was done without us (and yes, we have looked at "all sides of the question" and there was one group that was extremely right and another group that was extremely wrong. I don't mean shades of grey, I mean the most primitive tribesman stumbling out of the wilderness and knowing nothing about our society would take one look at the GDNF fiasco and say : that is wrong.)

It is up to the patients to start standing up for themselves; and the method or the spirit of research must move in a new direction, as portrayed in this excellent article that Paula discovered and brought to us.
Nothing about us, without us.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (07-27-2011), pegleg (07-28-2011)