View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
It is reasonable to expect the first payment 30-60 days from the date of the WRITTEN favorable decision (a verbal decision has zero value for the payment center). It is reasonable to expect retroactive benefits to be paid 60-90 days after the written decision.

There is no one in the payment center twiddling their fingers, waiting for your written decision to arrive. Every component of SSA has a higher workload than can be taken care of in an expedititious manner. Every part of SSA has too much work to do.

If you even filed an SSI claim, even one that got denied, the existance of that claim can create a delay by the payment center in issuing retroactive benefits to be sure that no SSI windfall offset will apply.
Janke, when I mentioned getting a decision from the judge, I meant a written decision received in the mail. I realize there is nobody twiddling their fingers, but I also realize the average turnaround time right now seems to be 30 days for Baltimore. A representative of Social Security told me that they have had my case in the processing center since June 25th and their records show notations of them beginning work on it last Tuesday. My question was how long does it actually take for them to process it once they begin working it, not once it was placed in their queue.

Maybe I sound like I'm not being reasonable, but please try and remember that you don't know my situation or why I'm so persistent. I am 36 years old, married with 4 kids and disabled through no fault of my own. I would give anything to be able to work again and support my family, yet I can't and I am currently in default on many of my bills. Oh, and there was never an SSI claim.

Last edited by amodernphoenix; 07-27-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Forgot something
amodernphoenix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote