View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 10:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
soccer14,

What kind of things did you do while out late with your friends?

What kind of environment were you in?

What food and beverages did you consume?

What level of busyness have you been involved in?

Just because you have stopped the risky soccer participation does not mean that your brain can handle late nights and stressful activities.

It is likely that you need to slow down a bit and very slowly re-enter your busy life. You may need to reset your priorities and disciplines to a safer level.

Listen to your brain. It is trying to tell you something. If your motor control problems persist, you should get checked out by a doctor. If you get as bad as you did this last time, go to the ER while you have these symptoms. Then, the doctor can do a neuro work-up while you are symptomatic.

Mark,

I spent most of the day with them we were trying to hook up a stereo and subs for my friend. There was stress invovled because it took a long time and we couldn't get them to work. It was also very hot out that day so I wonder about that becasue I don't seem to do as well with the heat anymore.

The environment was I don't know not too loud we just had some music playing in the background and there were about 6 of us there so only 3 were really working on it the rest of us mostly just stood around. It didn't get stressful until later on.

That day I ate some food around 11:30, I don't remember what i had, and then we ate again around 7:30, I had a burger and water. That's all I ate for the day which probably didn't help at all but I was not hungry and had naseau on and off that day.

I really haven't been that busy I have mostly been trying to avoid it. Both my friends work full time jobs right now so I usually sit around most of the day and sleep a lot.

It seems like lately I just can't get enough sleep anymore.

My emotions are also on polar opposites. I am either depressed or on a high of happiness which is why I stayed out with my friends so late is because they seem to be the only thing right now that can get me out of the depression and feeling like my normal self again.

But after being on a high like that for very long like I was all day it just drains me like no other. Even if I just get mad and can't calm down for a little while when I finally do I am just exhausted.

I feel like I'm losing my mind and sliding down the slope a lot faster this time than I have with previous concussions. Maybe I have hit my breaking point?

-soccer14
soccer14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote