View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 12:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

did I miss it, or have you seen a top notch neurologist? If not, that would be my next step.

I am sorry you had such a bad time at Cleveland. I like my doc there. I feel she knows RSD well, and treats me personally. So frustrating for you. I have been there. Drove to Elyria once to a doc that was supposed to know about RSD and all he wanted was to put in a spinal cord stimulator. I think if you went in there with poison ivy his answer was a spinal cord stim. It was awful. He was humiliating and degrading.

and with this stupid disease, you just have to keep trying.

My half sister had RSD. She lived a ways from the family. She hid the disease from us - we didn't see each other often. We knew she had injured her foot a few years earlier but did not know she still had pain or problems from it - had no idea the pain had spread through her body. I found out I had RSD the same day I found out my sister committed suicide because of her RSD. She was a patient of Stanton-Hicks for a couple years, and had a couple years she went un-diagnosed. I tried to talk to her widower about her care, to find out what worked, other details, but he didn't really know - he was to upset and I didn't want to upset him further. I surely would have liked to talk to her about it. If she would have talked to us about what she was going through -- maybe knowing I was going through the same thing, maybe it would have helped her. My Dad fractured his back in the 1950's and I am positive he had RSD - so with us, I think it is genetic.

So -- from one who has personally suffered the family loss of one who ended their life from RSD -- please - don't give up. I truly feel that there is always hope. They are studying this disease all the time now. The drug companies WANT to develop a medication that kills pain without being addictive - they would make billions of dollars - so they are working on it! Please, don't be like my sister Gloria. Keep the faith - keep the hope!

Last edited by daylilyfan; 07-28-2011 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Clarification
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rachel's daugther (07-28-2011), Swatgen27 (07-27-2011), wswells (07-29-2011)