Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Hi, Waves,

A guy at work across the hall today had a wicked horrible cold. He was making lots of "cold" noises -- to the point he was disruptive. He and I rarely talk but I wanted to help him because he sounded pathetic.
I printed the Mucinex page, circled the DM, wrote "check with pharmacist," and put it on his desk in front of him. He said he would stop at a pharmacy on the way home.

I told him that I would be emailing him a recipe for clove-ginger-cardamom-tea. He was grateful. He has Jamaican friends who gave him various recipes with rum. He liked my ideas better.
Work buddy was appalled because this guy has been blocking us at every move. Work buddy expects to get a nasty email re my encounter.

I told work buddy that the guy was sick and I knew I could help him
Dear Mari

i agree with bizi, not saying it was a tactical maneuver. I realize you were just reaching out but the very spontaneity of it makes it even more appreciable. I bet if this guy has any sense of humanity, he will value your gesture, and you might even find that, contrary to your work buddy's concern, his attitude in working with you takes a turn for the better. never know. well, that is my hope. I certainly don't think you'll get a nasty email.

and........anything liquid without alcohol is better than something with alcohol when one is sick!!!!

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-27-2011), Mari (11-23-2012)