View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 06:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

July 22, 2011
6 year anniversary of my MVD

Well today is July 28th. My MVD anniversary came and went and I didn't remember. That's huge!! Maybe the emotional hold is loosening it's firm grip?

This year has been quieter. Very few shocks and even those were so mild the average person wouldn't even realize it was TN.

Because of this diary I kept while I was recovering, I have people writing me all the time, from all around the globe (ellacjn@hotmail.com).

TN forums are a great place for support, but let's face it, most people with successful MVD's have no reason to stick around. They want out and never want to look back. Who could blame them? What that leaves is an unbalanced view of MVD success rates.

I urge anyone who is thinking about taking the MVD route, to look further than this or any other forum. Look at statistics, speak to neurosurgeons, read textbooks. It's serious and it's scary, but for the right candidates it may give you back the life you've lost.

Whether it be surgery, medication or another procedure, I only wish that everyone could be lucky enough to find the right solution to live pain free. It's a luxury most people never think about.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I can't think of a better gift than the life Dr. Michael Tymianski of Toronto, gave me six years ago.

We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust our sails
ella138 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (07-28-2011)