View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 05:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I went back to read again.

Hello Polliwog, thank you for your kind post which I should have answered. It slipped away, but the mention of migraines by English Country Dancer made me think of your thread.
Harold Boyd of Illinois is indeed the artist I mentioned, I like his work very much. So nice that you looked him up!!!
I wish I could get myself motivated again to draw, but PD seems to have put a damper on my creativity. Someone, I forget who, in this forum, theorized that if your right hand is affected, the left side of your brain would be affected - the rational, sensible side.......
Well, my left side is the one affected, so the right side of my brain - the creative side, is muted......
A bit of an excuse.
I think the newest theory is that we use the whole brain at the same time, so it won't do. Many others here have, however, felt a burst of creativity with PD, so maybe there is something to the right-left idea after all.
Your daughter must have found the one thing to draw that makes her happy. An artist is never done with a motif until he/she feels done with it, and there is no end to variations or improvements in the artist's mind. My husband had to tear himself away from continuing a group of work when he felt that as an educator he could not ask the students to be innovative, and not make new and different work himself. He could happily have continued making the same pieces with millions of variations, and they would all have been beautiful. But so is the new work.

All the best,
birte
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote