View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie66 View Post
I have received a date for a neurology appointment Monday 18th July.
It should be quite interesting. The problem with my neck, I believe, is due to the brainstem dysfunction causing the spinal accessory nerve to malfunction. ( I wonder if they will spot it) The right upper eyelid also is drooping, --another cranial nerve misfunctioning.
The only real puzzle I have is why my buttocks should be not working. From what I read, this bit involves the sacrum area nerves. Ah well, we will see.
The appointment was extremely interesting. The total consultation was just 15 minutes. The Doctor read my prepared history, but I doubt very much if he understood it. He was a foreign person and without any examination he declared the SCM atrophy was due to old age and told me to forget the past.
Thankfully he did order an EMG test which is basically what I wanted.
I have no faith or trust in this person. He did not examine any muscle functions and it seems that he forgot to bring his tuning fork along. He conducted Babinsky test in half a second, and I dont think he was actually looking at my feet at the time. After reading my prepared drug record which said that I have taken no drugs for 20 years, he asked what drugs I was on now.
This is an example of the National Health Service in West Yorkshire. They may boast about saving some patient's lives - but I do wonder how many they have actually killed
jackie66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote