View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 12:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default surgery by Dr. Oro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andriss View Post
hi jenn, i live in colorado, and just had my surgery march 3 of this year. i am in my post op thing. i still have symptoms, but not as bad as before. i don't understand how one could work with this going on. i talke meds that put me to sleep because my head was a mess (smile)
we have a great doctor in colorado ( dr. john oro) and he is the top of the line, but like i said he's here in colorado.i have applied for ssdi ( soc/security) and waiting for may to go to my hearing....obviously they must have thought i was lying or something,,,i had 27 stitches in the back of my head....but if you have any questions, you can email me okay?
Couldn't resist emailing you. Dr. Oro did my (third) decompression surgery on March 1st this year! He's amazing and although I had many complications and ended up staying in the hospital (and then rehab) until March 26th, I know that man saved my life. We live in Oregon and after 2 decompressions and shunt surgery in 2007, I did okay for awhile but last year spent most of the year in bed (or in the hospital)with horrible nausea, headaches, inability to swallow (had to have a feeding tube), balance issues and speech problems. We went to Dr. Oro out of desperation and after my surgeon here said my MRI's looked okay, Dr. Oro said the opposite-that I was severely compressed. I have had such a total turn around that my family can hardly believe it. Still working on balance, still have slight headaches from bending and laughing, etc. but other than that everything is gone. It was so weird to eat and drink again! Thank goodness for his dedication to this nasty condition! Oh, I am on disability and had no problem getting on. I worked for the school district and Standard Insurance, their private disability provider, hires a private group that fights for people to get disability ( so that Standard doesn't have to keep paying...) I got on SS first try.
Cindy Miller is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote