View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 07:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt638 View Post
Good Morning,

Thanks for the welcome Jaded. Sounds like you have a great handle on things. Question: How often is your husband mean to you or does he ever make you feel guilty for the decisions you make together regarding the RSD.

Today my wife is off to more doctor appointments. She was very upset because she asked someone besides me to take her when scheduled the appointments. I should mention her doctors are 5 hours away from where we live. She made me feel guilty for not taking her even though she asked someone else. Hard for me to understand.

Another question for you all out there: Do any of your spouses with RSD have a hard time staying within the proper amount of prescriptions for a given amount of time? My wife does, but I don't dare say anything or else she lashes back at me telling me that "you want me in pain".

We started couples counseling on Monday, and she did well. She took the counselors suggestions well and understood everything that was being said while we were there. But damn that RSD and troubled childhood...later that evening and last night every piece of misguided logic came racing back to her. She tells me that she knows what the counselor said, but that is a fantasy world and I need to get over expecting her to change.

I will stick it out with her while she attends counseling because I love her...but if she can't wrap her mind around how she hurts me and my children we will have to make the best lives for ourselves without her. I should also tell you folks that couples counseling was on the horizen before the RSD diagnosis. This disease has simply made everything worse. It is very unfortunate, but I feel that raising my children in a loving household, without guilt and anger, is the most important priority...not RSD.

Thanks!
Hello Matt,

Your words have haunted me and I am posting to encourage you to continue to seek our support. I am humbled by what you are taking on at such a young age. What an incredible job you are obviously doing support your family!!! I can't begin to imagine the stress you must be under.

It is so difficult to be in constant unrelenting pain while mourning the loss of our former lives. But the most vicious pain does not justify mistreatment of a caretaker. I am humbled by your strength, your insight and your commitment to your family and in particular to the needs of your children.

I have been amazed at the outpouring of support from veterans who have been dealing with CRPS for years. Please reach out to us again!

Take Care!!!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote