Thread: Flare HELP :(
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 07:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You guys have some great information on here! I just wish I could sit long enough to read it all. Grrrrr.....

I sure have flare ups and it's a real pain in the neck. I haven't found much relief from anything out there. I found that keeping constant levels of ibuprofen in my system helps. The minute it wears off I'm in trouble! I was taking 600 mg but now down to 400 mg. My stomach couldn't handle the 600 on a regular basis. I have also bought a heat gel pad thingy at Rite Aid which seems to work. I put it in themicrowave and then put it where it hurts. It does seem to help but even then it doesn't totally help. The Dr said nothing is really gonna help other than time. I have such a severe case of TOS. One thing I do like is a HOT SHOWER! Hot water on the tightmuscles feel great. I just get yelled at for taking too long of showers now.

Basically I find that when I have a severe flare up...I run for a hot shower, then heat and crawl under a blanket and cry Not that any of that really helps but ...well...I just have to keep saying "go with what the Dr says" and hopefully I'll be my old self in no time.

Good luck to you

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote