Thread: Fentanyl Patch
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 07:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Fentanyl Patch

Hello! Its been a while since my last post as I have really been struggling just to maintain my daily duties but I have a quick question and hope that someone actually replies....

I was recently started on a fentanyl patch originally at 25 mcg then quickly raised to 50 mcg. I am having some strange symptoms that im not sure are related to the patch or maybe just the disorders since more pop up every day it seems.

Anyhow, I have been experiencing lightheadedness, dizziness, heart palps, increased anxiety attacks, severe pain, redness, and heat at patch location, extreme sweating and/or cold sweats....I have discovered that wearing my patch outside in the heat increases the symptoms so I have started removing the patch when I know I will get overheated but when I do I have an overall feeling of pain, nausea, hot/cold sweats, and just an overwhelming sense of...dread...

Ive been reading up on this patch and have come across some horror stories and honestly im pretty nervous to continue using the patch. However, the patch does seem to help with the perpetual pain...although its not a huge help any bit of relief is still relief!

PLEASE tell me your experience with this drug and if there is anything I can do to help ease the symptoms...Ive heard of different patch placement, using tape to help adhere the patch vs not using tape, etc....ANY advise would be very welcomed!! Thanks and God Bless!
"To live with the conscious knowledge of the shadow of uncertainty, with the knowledge that disaster or tragedy could strike at any time; to be afraid and to know and acknowledge your fear, and still to live creatively and with unstinting love: that is to live with grace."

~Peter Henry Abrahams~
Mizzpinkiepie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cappy1234 (05-24-2012)