View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I own and operate a locksmith business, both retail store and road service work. I opened this business 35 years, ago.
I was finally Dx'd with PN in 1999 -12 years ago.
I am, at the moment. a sole owner operator and am in the store/shop 6 days a week at 8:30 am and close-up when I have to go out on a service call. Working on doors to the 3rd or 4th floor walk-up to sun decks- sometimes can be a problem with my legs and feet feeling like cement, as well as my emphysema - so I just take my time. Some jobs can be so difficult, strength-wise, that I just do not take the job and refer it to my son or another locksmith younger and stronger. Some jobs can become a total surprise, and it takes so much out of me that I go home feeling as if I'd been hit by a truck. I'm sore for days.
But usually I can anticipate what needs to be done, and schedule myself accordingly so that I can get the job accomplished.
It usually is the car and home lock-outs that are the most physically demanding. Sometimes I need a gorilla to have the strength to do certain problematical things.
But I'll be 67 this Sept., and am still working full time, 6 days a week- but I no longer have 24 hour emergency service. Between 5-6pm, I'm on my way home for the nite.
I take 600mg Lyrica/day and 400mg Tramadol/day in equally divided doses.
If it weren't for those meds, I'd be a cripple in bed at home. I owe my livelihood to my PN meds.

Last edited by nide44; 07-29-2011 at 08:53 AM.
nide44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
drwk (07-29-2011), malawigirl08 (08-04-2011), stagger (07-29-2011)