View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by btdt View Post
I was all set to go to the hosp on the 6th day after the extraction the pain pills were gone no refills. I took two advil (ibuprophen) rubbed my face ear neck head everything with a deep cold rub and went off to bed again at 5am. I woke there was NO pain for about 6 hours this is the first real sleep I had all wk. I called the surgeon office the next day as the pain was back tho it seemed not as intense most of the time. I told her there seems to be an abscess on the originally exposed bit of bone. I think it is my jaw bone but of course am not sure. She told me to wash it with a toothbrush and salt water and to syringe it with salt water. The dentist had pooped that small infection pocket when I seen him Monday it took a couple day to come back. I did do as she said and to my amazement it did not hurt much. I am set to leave on a long wkend in the Canadian woods tho it is a family event that I really would hate to miss I am just not sure if I should attempt this. Once I get there it is not so easy to leave. The small infection pocket comes back much faster in just one day pain all day today not as severe but I also don't feel so well the last few days no appetite very fatigued. It hurt all day but this evening think maybe I am turning the corner it is just hard to tell as it gets a bit better then goes bad again.
The part of the jaw where this tooth is was once free floating as it was broke on either side of this site I know this side of my jaw did not heal well from an old fracture. I think this bit of jaw bone between these two fractures has turned in towards the inside of my mouth just a bit.
I am so curious as to why this tooth would not freeze was it maybe infected and did not show on xray? or some other reason? I had two root canals at this same dentist last year and neither of them froze completely I went thru it somehow crying most of the time. I told him this time if it happened again I was getting a new dentist. Tho this office it is a different dentist all the time as they are huge.
Four years ago I was quite ill from I think an antidepressant Effexor xr I quit taking it cold turkey and went thru very bad withdrawal. I have learned that these type of drugs affect you bones and some people on the internet think they affect your teeth too. I am curious if you have heard of this type of medication affecting teeth?
If this has nothing to do with it could you tell me what causes teeth not to freeze on a continual basis?
What can I do to be proactive in the future I am getting afraid to go to the dentist. My last extraction last year did not heal for three months. ???
Going to the dentist today.
The dental surgeons office has advised him to cut away a piece of the jaw bone that is exposed and has been since the day the tooth was removed. I was to the dentist on Monday all he said was that is bone. This office has different type of dentists I think some do root canals some don't the one I am seeing today did two root canals on me last year on teeth that would not completely freeze so we have a bad history.
Wish me luck.
There will be no vacation for me in the Canadian wilderness one must be fit to such things and I sadly am not. Been on a heating pad days now there is no hydro there for my heating pad or I might think about it. Happy long wkend to all.
I will be home with the heating pad
btdt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote