View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

IVSM leeches calcuim from your bones, is very tough on your kidney and adrenals. it is a wonderful thing if you need it, but I try to not need it.

We have a rule in my clinic that if you have a new or worse sx, it must last for 24 hours straight no break. you have 10 days to start steroids. After 10 days the rate of recovery is the same as if you took or didnt take steroids. you body can and will heal itself if you give it the tools that it needs, but sometimes it goes haywire, and you must have intervention.

I reserve steroids for the big stuff like blindness, or word confusion or trouble swallowing my own food. That kind of stuff can really scare you and I dont want permanent blindness, but I also dont want fractured hips and thighs in ten years from being soaked in the stuff. its a bad game, and no choice is a good choice.

I have juiced TONS of veggies, high anti oxidant stuff and used the topical steroid drops, because most meds dont cross in to the vitrious fluid of the eye very easily. So, im drowning in the good stuff, all raw, all micronutrients. it really does seem to be helpful.

The last time I did IVSM I had pancreatitis and landed in the hospital for a month! my stomach completely stopped, it was incredibly painful and I dont ever want to repeat that.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote