View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Why a good quality knowledge Dr matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateLynne View Post
Why does it matter???!!! Do you really want to be told that you have a psychological problem/ mental illness that caused your body to "do this to itself", and that you need psychological help? You would believe it if the doctor told you that you that you needed psych-help?

It matters because I need to feel 100% confident and secure with my Dr.. If he believes that I have a psychiatric illness and I KNOW I DON'T (my RSD started with an injury) then would you really tell me to stay with him anyway, even though I am uncomfortable??
You should definately not stay with a Dr your uncomfortable with...

ALSO - Mommyjen - First a question: Has anyone ever doubted your condition or pretty much called you a liar?

Until you have it happen to you and someone accuses you of something like Munchausen OR your are faced with family or friends who are disbelievers OR a Dr who thinks its "all in your head" you have no idea what it feels like to be attacked like that. You question yourself, your doctors, your sanity, and your character is attacked. To top it all off and this is probably the worst - Good quality medical treatment is delayed or never done at all. It is a horrible position to be put into.

So, It DOES matter what people think. How else can you get adequate treatment?! How will you be treated by others out in public? Will your physical needs be met? (Pillows for your arm at the family birthday party...Special seating at the restaurant for you to have a little more room for your leg...A ride to the Dr because you are feeling miserable that day...these are just a few examples)

RSD is something you cant see....Like I said - Do they attack, judge or question people who have Arthritis? MS? Epilepsy? Lupus? Diabetes? NO they don't because they have found the cause, root of the problem or you can physically see the issue. Why do they do this with RSD?!!? It has been MORE then proven that RSD is NOT a psychological disorder....yet their are still these ding-dongs out there who keep on trying to put of off as someone being "dramatic", "faking", "lying", "has a pre-disposed disposition" - It makes me want to GAG!!!

People who have this condition need to have compassionate, caring people around them. Understanding people who will work with them for a positive outcome. A Dr who wants to say "it's all in their head" is nothing but a thorn in the patience side and will do nothing but bring them down. Thats why it's important to have a Dr who is knowledgeable, understanding, compassionate, listens, wants to work with the patient for the best possible outcome and one who BELIEVES the patient.

HubbyWithRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote