View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 05:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Those awful spasms

Hi Karen,

How are you? Have you heard anything yet from the nurse? You're right to follow up with them, even phone your Consultant directly, i've done this too although I don't like doing it but sometimes you just have to, I told him this too that I wouldn't ring unless I was in alot of pain.

I was speaking with Rae recently and she mentioned that she too also suffered awful spasms after the surgery and i've had the revision surgery and they upped the voltage on the leads and now my stim is working better but I haven't had much luck with the pain yet. Perhaps the spasms after surgery are just par for the course and they will sort themselves out eventually.

I had an appointment for next week with my consultant, I wanted to speak to him about the surgery and discuss these spasms and what next if there is anything next, i'm in desperate need of some hope that this isn't it and they cancelled the appointment until the end of August which will be two months after my revision surgery.

How long is it now since your surgery?
Alot of what you say reminds me of how I am, I too want to be out doing stuff that I probably shouldn't be doing, things that i'm not able to do but because I want to do it, I do it and pay the price later.

Sinéad xxx
Sophie_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ron h (07-29-2011), Rrae (08-06-2011)