View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixified View Post
I'm going to be having a rib resection/scalenectomy soon, but haven't heard back yet about whether my insurance is approving it. I have Aetna and they can be pretty conservative about treatment. Have any of you had problems getting the surgery approved? If so, what did you do? Also, have any of you with Aetna been able to get the surgery with no problems? Thanks.
Hi! I understand your concern. I have Aetna insurance, too; however, Aetna wasn't my insurance provider when I had TOS surgery. I had no problems getting the surgery covered nor any of the rehab treatments. I have had several surgeries covered through Aetna and I think I received a letter from Aetna stating they authorized the surgery and hospital stay for XX days. Anything after XX days would have to be approved by Aetna on that day. You need to check with the doctor's office to find out when they submitted the paperwork and then check with Aetna. They seem to provide you with paperwork so you will have proof regarding their decision. They had a nurse call me a week before the surgery date(s) to see if I had questions/concerns and the nurse followed up a few days to a week after the surgeries.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote