Thread: Me and my brain
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 05:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto5 View Post
If you're taking Parkinson's medicine, then you are probably taking L-Dopa (levodopa, frequently combined with carbidopa in the brand name Sinemet, though not sure what the name is in your country). My son also takes a medicine called Requip (or Ropinirole), which is for restless leg syndrome, but can also be used for Parkinson's and movement disorders. I don't know if you can find a doctor in your country who specializes in movement disorders, but that would be ideal. Or even a doctor who specializes in Parkinson's may be able to help. I will check out your blog too. I'll tell my son you say HI.
I'm taking a very low dosis of Pramipexsol now, that's about the same as Requip. If you go to my blog - index - medical adventures - summer 2011, you can see my adventures at a special parkisnon clinic. not a great succes for now as you can see. I haven't have time to put my compete medical history online, but i'm going to put it in my blog soon.
I hope I can get a dopamine-scan soon so we know wy the medication is working so good. My neurologist is still working on that.

In with kind of test the doctors good see that your son has a movement disorder? I'm curius if he had different tests done than I had here in the Netherlands.
Sophiebrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote