View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogga View Post
Hey,

If I woke up tomorrow and was pain free then I would do everything this RSD has stopped me doing. I would throw the wheelchair away, kiss goodbye to the carers and continue with my life. As would many people on this board.

Frogga
My husband and I have talked about this often....He can not wait for the day he can go back to work. It has killed him to have to rely on me for financial support. He has always been a proud individual, one who provided for his family. He wants it back that way....He stays positive even tho this is our 2nd round with RSD (which was a major shock - we never thought it would occur from this surgery on his arm). He is preparing to go back to school, as he realizes the use of his arms could be limited, he will probably never go back to his previous work and he does not know how long this will last...We keep hoping for the same results as his leg - Where he is not completely pain free but is at least functional. He is not homebound, and even when it hurts like h*ll when he's having to take pain meds just to function, he still volunteers/works with the youth in the area in two different things, he attends church, goes shopping, and goes to our kids school functions, etc. RSD has not and will not completely take over his life.

He does not wallow around in self-pity - He works hard at his physical therapy, does his home exercises, is taking action to ensure the best results for his future, and remains as positive as possible. Some days it's tough - but he does it because thats the type of "pre-disposed personality or disposition" he has.....

HubbyWithRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote