View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 08:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Not really sure I have any advice.

However, I know what an agonizing, scary thing this is to think about. Before, my accident 3/8/11 I worked full time 8-3, and then went to grad school full time in the evenings, and maintained a 4.0 GPA.

I have 3 weeks to decide whether I can start classes yet or not. (I'm currently not working at all.) I have an appt on the 15th, for a follow up and an IMPACT retest. (Fortunately, I know that my Dr. will interpret the test accurately, as his team created it.) So if my cognitive stuff is resolved, I'm thinking of starting back to class, to ease my way into my old life.

However, that leaves me with the same worries... I'm doing vestibular therapy right now, and there are times that by 3 o'clock I'm so exhausted I can't even talk. And all I'm doing is 5, 30 second exercises spread out throughout the day.....

Excelling and doing my very best has always been a huge part of my identity. Yes I'm that annoying overachiever. It scares me that I could go back and fall flat on my face. However, I'm starting to get really depressed that I can not particapte in any part of my "old" life.

I just have no idea what to do...... wishing you success!
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote