View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 09:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy same prob ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeycbee View Post
well, Im on lithium, trazedone, klonopin, remeron, and synthroid(?), which were prescribed by my psych doc, but my neuro doc put me on the hydrocodone for pain....now I know my psych dr didn't like the fact that I had the hydrocodone prescribed to me, but she did not go into it. So Im trying to manage with ibuprofen, which really isn't helping.
I have degenerative disc disease, bi-polarism, arthritis. I have always told my docs upfront
About all three of these diagnosis so they know what meds to give. Well was given a very bad
pain medicine "methadone" for long term pain- hydrocodone for "breakthrough" pain...I told my provider it was makin me sick and she gave me a stomache pill! My therapist flipped out due to my heavy pain meds interacting with psych meds. Long story short we had it out and I no longer take those meds, but do take lyrica..was tryin what u r tryin but been havin a breakthru sine all day yesterday but too tired of ER rooms and same ole lecture! Just once I wish these damn docs could jump in my body and then tell what I should do! Bet it b different story huh! Well I just wanted u to know I am in same boat and hoping for either a rizotomy or surgery so "normal" can b somewhat in my life again. Not worry if I am moving wrong or Doing too much? Haha I got four kids and a grandchild in my home, docs outa come live with me for a week and get a reality check. I believe docs have too much power over our bodies, minds, and what they put in them. Don't we have a say in our progressssion??
shellihopkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote