View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

For me, there is a difference between just zoning out and having seizure activity. After they happen, I am really tired and need to lay down or nap. What happens to me physically during them I don't know other than I'll drop what I have in my hands or I stop doing what I am doing. I don't know "where" I go during that time. A few times, my eyes seem sensitive to light and I'm a little confused afterward, even in to the next day.

Zoning out, to me, is just sitting there staring but being fully aware of my surroundings and what is going on and I'm even aware of what I am thinking. A noise or movement or something can always bring me out of the zone. During the weird seizure like things, I'm not fully aware. They are brief moments, lasting a several seconds or so. Sometimes, it only happens once. Other times, it's several times in a day. All in all, I have only had 3 episodes of this with my most recent one happening toward the end of May. With that one, my eye felt like the pupil was so dilated but wouldn't go back to normal size and the light really irritated it. It happened several times during that day and by the next day I was tired and a little confused and/or things that were too complex were confusing me. It's hard to describe but I have never experienced the fatigue and confusion after zoning out.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (07-31-2011), DVORA65 (08-30-2011), Jodylee (07-30-2011), Kitty (07-30-2011), SallyC (07-30-2011)