View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 10:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs Up

I was a 3 yr old with RSD so hell yes I was called liar and made to feel like I was hurting my family. I had doctor throw a pair of cutches at my feet and say : here you finally got what you want" . I have been through all that and more and that is why I say it is irrelevant what they call it. I have it and I don't the wast time and energy finding someone who will tell me what I want to hear. You hear it because you have it. Listen to every docs opinion because usually there is at least one bit of truth among the ruins that can help build a better understanding and keep us open to getting well. I don't disagree that this a loopersonal journey but if we want to come out on the other end we may want ot listen to other people who have found some peace. If we aren't willing to look at the notion of maybe being over identified with our illnesss then that is a glaring light saying maybe we need to. There is no avenue I wouldn't explore to be rid of this. I did the all in your head therapy gladly hoping maybe they were right. I never got better but a got great coping skills. I am surprised how people have decided whom they believe I am singling out. I am singling out no one. CHronic Illness in a collective experience. If you feel picked on then chances are you are relating to something I wrote and don't want to look at it. I say look hard at it until you can soften to yourself and and not feel guilt or ashamed or persecuted......
mommyjen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (05-05-2015)