View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thanks-G

Well, it DID hurt, but, at the same time it reminded me, that what I call: 'Stuff Happens' - well, HAPPENS! It was to say the least, awkward, for a couple of months, till I could get into PT. THAT PT helped more than anyone can measure...I really could do simple exercises well, & they helped! Goodness! Before I went into my 'next' round of surgery stuff, I was walking far better, straighter, steadier w/less penchant for fall than when I was hospitalized w/onset! I lost lots post surgery & a f/u one, but....I know I [B]I/B]can do it, and, IF I can, any wimp can [I'm not a wimp BTW]

Difference is that trauma injury pain -well, usually you can forget the most of it [other than the fact it hurts! NOW!], w/other chronic types such as PN's you always feel as if you've just come out of the Micky-D French-fry VAT! All nerve research rite now is ancillary to AIDS, Spinal Damage or Cardiac research. Can, do our respecitve 'advocacy organizations' really serve us well???, and as w/BT1's breakdown, Do we, should we really have to establish another voice or change those orgs that ostensibly serve us. Yes I'm Getting off the subject....sorry Billye. But it seems that each of us develops new and complicating aspects in addition to or on top of our initial problems...no one in tracking this stuff or plain old doing anything about it! On the other hand, how much do each of us want to be "tracked" w/o our knowledge? Decisions!

Till, then, I will try to keep my cold, calculating, analytical mind in tow and try to pull for positive when and where I can.

G- good luck w/your hearing! - Depression? Oh, Heck Why Not? I mean, we hurt, NOT to be depressed would be abnormal! Looks like UP to me now!

Good thoughts to all!!!!! - j

Last edited by dahlek; 09-18-2006 at 10:59 AM.
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote